My shining star

My shining star

Sunday 1 April 2018

Pimp it up #62

Hello there! How are you? Happy Easter to you! I do hope you are good and ready for  a new month! Its new challenge time at Countryview challenges and this month the theme  is 'pimp it up' ... so the idea is take something and either change it or upcycle it in some way. I decided to give the tin we use to collect coins in a makeover!


So here is how the tin started out! We used to have a different tin for each coin type but I found we had very little loose change these days so we cut it down to just one tin - every so often we sort the coins out!


My first step was to attack the tin with texture paste and then I added lace and fabric and a few bits and bobs ... it looks pretty hideous at this point. Next I added raven black paint from indigoblu and covered the entire thing....finally after leaving it to dry I set about the box with indigoblu luscious powders mixed with water....and this is what it looks like!



I think its certainly pimped up!!!

Have fun and join us in our challenge! You can get more inspiration from my teamies and enter the challenge here. Remember you might be lucky enough to win £20 to spend at Countryview Crafts!!!

Big hugs

Rachel xx

13 comments:

  1. A gorgeous transformation, love the colours and everything abour it. Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you definitely pimped it up Rachel, what a fabulous idea and it certainly looks beautiful now! I hope you are having a lovely Easter weekend. Hugs, Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely luscious colours, you've given me ideas... Happy Easter, Rachel! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Rachel, such gorgeous colours! Hope you and the girls have a very happy Easter, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tin looks beautiful now, dear Rachel! The coins will jump in there by themselves in future =)
    Happy Easter to you and your family,
    Evelyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks fabulous, love the textures and gorgeous colours. Happy Easter.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - what a transformation! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea ! It looks fabulous !
    Happy Easter !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful alteration, Rachel!!! I love the colours too!!! Happy Easter and big hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous transformation -great end result-I have a tin for change too but a bit smaller than yours lol
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  11. No end to your talents Rachel, I love what you've done here, beautiful colours and detail, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous Rachel, lots of fabulous details.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great transformation. The colours are beautiful. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for leaving a comment - it really does mean a lot to me! Hugs Rachel xx